Sunday, December 31, 2006

Books for 2007

I have been asked to publish the list of books I intend to read in 2007 in advance. So far I have a pile of books on my desk that I intend to read (and write about) on the next few months. Here they are in no particular order:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
The Master by Colm Tóibín
Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Passion by Jeanette Winterton
The Light of Day by Graham Swift
At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Accidental by Ali Smith
The Story of the Night by Colm Tóibín
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
As you can see, the list is quite varied and mainly reflects my personal interest in contemporary literature. Mostly, I will be reading 20th and 21st century books although readers will find the occasional 19th century novels like Jane Eyre.
This list is not intended to be a suggestion - I would never suggest books I haven't read. It is merely some information I was asked to make public by one of you.
Happy 2007 and happy reading!

No comments: